|Katie Kalarovich, Chairperson|
Things you might say to a visitor:
· "Thank you for being here."
· When someone is looking for a seat say, "Please join me." or simply make room.
· Introduce yourself and your family.
· Invite them to Parish activities held after Mass.
· Invite them back!
The Caring Hearts Ministry of St. Joan of Arc started out as an outreach program to assist those suffering with HIV/AIDS in our community when there was much fear and misunderstanding about this disease.
We currently sponsor a monthly food collection for Loving Food Resources, a self-service food pantry serving those in our community dealing with HIV/AIDS and those in Home Hospice with any diagnosis. We have since broadened our mission to include sponsoring a reception for the semiannual Mass With the Sacrament of Healing, providing baked goods for our Homebound Ministers to take with them during their home visits and we are looking to further expand into other community needs.
Bright Blessings Ministry of Asheville hosts Shower Parties for an expectant mom in a local shelter, thanks to the generous support from all who bring in baby items to our collection.
- Because of the many gifts you donate we have been able to present an overflowing gift basket with many of the essential care items needed to welcome the soon to be born baby into our world and ease the stress of her mom.
- Thanks also to our volunteers who continue to supply decorations and food and help make these parties a lively celebration of an upcoming blessed event.
- For more information on our ministry, please click here.